Missed out on AEP enrollment period? Need to make some changes to your plan?
||Annual enrollment period (AEP) happens every year it typically lasts about 2 months. During this time beneficiary can choose to change their plan without any specific reason.
So did you miss the deadline? Does it mean you can’t make any changes until next year? Changing your plan outside of the AEP period may be difficult but it is not impossible. There are some opportunities you may be qualified to do so.
What are the qualifications?
1. Are you aging in? Turning 65? You are qualify to enroll in a medicare plan from 3 months before to 3 months after the month you turned 65.
6. Are you qualify for the Special Needs Plans? Special Needs Plans (SNPs) are availiable for people who are low income, diabled and under 65 of age with chronic conditions cover the following areas: chronic alcohol and other drug dependence; certain auto-immune disorders; cancer; certain cardiovascular disorders; chronic heart failure; dementia and Alzheimer's; diabetes mellitus; end-stage liver disease; end-stage renal disease requiring dialysis; certain hematologic disorders; HIV/AIDS; certain chronic lung disorders; certain mental health disorders like bipolar and schizophrenia; certain neurologic disorders; and stroke. SNPs member can enroll year round.
2. On Diablility for 25 months? You are qualify to enroll in from 3 months before to 3 months after your 25th months of diability benefits.
3. Are you moving permanently out of the plan's service area? You can enroll into another plan where the service area is available from 1 month before to 2 months following the month of move.
4. Moving to or from a certain types of skilled nursing facility? Such as Rehab Hosital, Long-Term care hospital, SNF, NF, or Psychiatic hospital. You can enroll into another plan from the 1st day in the facility and up to 2 months after discharged.
5. Are you eligible and recieving both Medicare and Medicaid? Can you make changes to your plan anytime you want, there are no restriction.
7. Are you losing coverage from Part D subsidy (LIS) termination, PACE disenrollment, loss of creditable drug coverage, employers group coverage termination (voluntary or involuntary), Medicare ending contract, loss of CSNP criteria or dual eligible los of status? If so, you maybe qualify to change your plan up to two month after loss of coverage.
If you missed out the AEP deadline don't feel trapped in a plan that doesn't meet your needs, there may be opportunities to make changes. You can be proactive and figure out if those qualifications may fit you. At LM Finacial we can help you take advantage of these opportunities so you can enroll into the plan of your choice.
For more information go to Medicare Eligibility Tool.
Our friendly Senior Health Specialist are here to answers all of your questions. We are eager to help and educate you to make the right choice!
We are one phone call away 800-748-5538 and one click away
Find the best rates on Medicare plans in your area!